“This ain’t your daddy’s law firm.”
Looking Down Kearny St. © 2011 – Greg Gandy Oil on panel
Trademark Docketing Clerk
Premier boutique law firm, specializing in intellectual property legal services, has an opening for a full-time experienced trademark docketing clerk to help manage our ever-growing US and global docket of matters.
This role will be responsible for maintaining the domestic and foreign trademark records on a several thousand-record docket, spanning over 120 countries. You will work with an enviable client list, which includes both the hottest growing companies as well as owners of well-known and famous marks.
The firm, formed 18 years ago, is woman-founded and led and certified diverse. It is made up of respectful, approachable, bright, talented, positive, hard-working people. We utilize one of the best trademark docketing software systems in the TM world (no bending of patent docketing software to work for trademarks here) and our firm is not driven by hours or profits per partner. The firm prioritizes opportunities for its team to do amazing IP work, for the best clients, all while working at a livable pace and surrounded by great colleagues in a supportive atmosphere.
The docketing clerk in this role can elect to work from home, or work in our San Francisco office or another office location in California. For a docketing clerk who resides outside of California, Pranger could provide a WeWork or similar office space in which to work.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including health, vision, dental, long-term disability and 401(k), and a generous PTO policy. The firm has matched employee 401(k) contributions for the last years. We are known for having a very manageable minimum billable hours requirement compared to that of “Big Law” firms.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years prior experience managing US and global TM dockets.
This role requires a high level of attention to detail, strong client services orientation, excellent follow through and communication skills. The best candidate likely has training received at a larger law firm or other well regarded trademark practice and is smart, highly organized, efficient, creative, positive, and equally comfortable taking instruction and working independently.
- Docket trademark and copyright prosecution matters, with precise entry of details and deadlines
- Review trademark documents and correspondence for relevant deadlines, status updates and other pertinent information relating to the maintenance of trademarks
- Manage various docket-related correspondence, including filing notifications, deadlines, office actions and other related correspondence
- Prepare docket reports for attorneys, paralegals and clients
- Weekly meeting with attorneys and paralegal team
- Maintain electronic files for all matters (we are a paperless firm)
- Support attorneys in all aspects of US and global trademark counseling and prosecution, as requested
- Good working knowledge of US and foreign trademark procedures
- Experience with IP docketing applications (WebTMS experience a plus)
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding
- Enforcement or dispute support experience a plus
Please send resumes in confidence to email@example.com. No telephone calls or agencies, please.
Description of these duties constitutes a summary only. Duties and responsibilities may be revised, depending on the needs of the business and the specific skills, experience, and expertise of the individual hired.