Trademark/Senior IP Paralegal
Premier Law Boutique specializing in intellectual property legal services has an immediate opening for a full time experienced trademark paralegal to manage our ever-growing global docket of matters. This is not a docketing position but you will update the docket. This role will provide trademark filing, portfolio management, communication paralegal services on a several thousand-record docket, spanning over 120 countries. You will work with an enviable client list, which includes both the hottest growing companies as well as established global brands.
Our firm is made up of respectful, approachable, bright, talented, positive, hard-working people. Perks of working in our very hip office space are catered lunch on Mondays, free coffee, soda and snacks every day, and the occasional happy hour on the roof deck patio. The office is in Financial District/SOMA (Rincon Hill), near 1st and Folsom, an approximate 7 Min walk south of the Montgomery BART Station in San Francisco.
The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years (or preferably more) prior experience managing a global docket. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, strong client services orientation, excellent follow up and communication skills. The best candidate likely has training received at a larger law firm and is smart, highly organized, efficient, thinks creatively, has a positive attitude, and is comfortable following directions as well as working independently.
• Support attorneys in all aspects of global trademark counseling and prosecution
• Run clearance searches both in-house and through our search vendor and help prepare reporting to clients
• Research ID manual and prepare classes and descriptions of goods and services
• Gather filing particulars and prepare and manage new & ongoing trademark applications via USPTO and WIPO
• Engage with associated foreign counsel and clients and manage gathering and delivering supporting documents and information
• Weekly meeting with attorneys and docketing team
• Maintain electronic files for all matters (we are a paperless firm)
Additional Experience Helpful:
• Enforcement work including C&D, takedowns, investigations, TTAB actions, UDRP domain name dispute proceedings, etc.
• Promotions and advertising experience, including sweepstakes and contests
• Prepare, file and manage U.S. copyright filings
• Litigation support experience
• Knowledge of WebTMS docketing software
We offer a competitive salary between $80K-$100K depending on experience, with benefits including health, vision, dental, long-term disability and 401(k); a very manageable Minimum Billable Hours requirement; great PTO policy.
Please send resumes in confidence to Managing Partner – Holly Pranger, Pranger Law PC at firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls or agencies, please.
Description of these duties constitutes a summary only. Duties and responsibilities may be changed, depending on the needs of the business and the specific skills, experience, and expertise of the individual hired.